Preserving Iceland’s Beauty
Iceland is celebrated for its pristine natural beauty, and all of us at Hótel Vík í Mýrdal are committed to protecting and preserving our environment, so that this one-of-a-kind country can be treasured for years to come.
Sustainable development is defined in Our Common Future (also known as the Brundtland Report) as “development which meet the requirements of modernity without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
We are doing our best at Hótel Vík í Mýrdal to take care of the environment based on this definition, with environmental policies that seek to:
- Counteract the negative environmental impact caused by activities conducted by the hotel – maintain resources, minimize waste and increase recycling efforts
- Choose products and services with respect to the environment
- Place emphasis on using Icelandic ingredients and resources
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to environmental issues
- Inform guests about the Hotel's environmental policies and how they can participate
- Educate staff and service companies on environmental issues and encourage better performance in this area
We kindly ask you to support us during your stay at Hotel Vík í Mýrdal, so that future guests can enjoy Iceland the same way you do.
For more information about our environmental practices, please contact us [email protected]